– Season: The wind-stats are good the whole year round but the South-Eastern wind from November to March is extremely reliable; The west Cost and Cape Town conditions are similar; Langebaan gets the most wind in the region since hills around the lagoon and the land/water temperature difference create good wind conditions even in light-wind days; check wind forecast.
– Spots: Here and here are descriptions of some of the principal kitesurf spots in the region; Langebaan with its warm and shallow lagoon offers perfect flat conditions, great for beginners and freestylers, but there are wave spots as well! The windiest spots there are Pearly’s Beach and Cape Sports Bay; Shark Bay is popular as well (no harmful sharks!);
– Equipment: freeride, freestyle and wave with mid to big sized kites; water is generally fairly cold and long-armed wetsuits are necessary; an exception is Langebaan lagoon where a shorty would suffice in summer;
– You can improve your kitesurf skills and rent equipment here.
– Season: The West Coast gets year-round Antarctic swell at the perfect angle, which brakes on rocky points and endless sandy beaches; the waves in summertime are 2-5m with a prevailing SW swell.
– Spots: The list would be endless! Check out the spots in wannasurf. If you stay in Langebaan then you`ll find good waves at Swartriet and Shelley point; The fishing village Elandsbaai is a classic amongst surfers since the movie “Endless Summer” offering a perfect left.